There’s no doubt Bend is known for a brew pub or two, but the restaurant diversity is pretty solid! We think lists rock, so we’re bringing you our top five local picks for this glorious day.
- Dandy’s Drive-In – It still baffles me when someone local says they’ve never been. This is a Bend staple and keeping a burger and fries simple is the name of the game. Drive in, order up and enjoy in your car while you ponder why you never worked a summer on roller skates. (cash only)
- Joolz – A slightly more fancy, “schmansy” style of ground beef goodness, but holy heck! How can you go wrong with a longhorn, elk or lamb burger? Take your pick! Pair with a Lebanese Margarita.
- Deschutes Brewery Bend Public House – It’s only fitting we include a brewery on this list. Too many burger choices to pick from and oh, they have beer!
- Tumalo Feed Company – Known for serving up legendary steaks since 1991, the burger menu is a hidden treasure. “Served with one choice of sidekick“and don’t miss Howdy Hour!
- 10 Below – The 10 Burger is another high class style, but the sweet onion jam make it worth a try. This urban style restaurant and lounge is located in the basement of the Oxford Hotel downtown. Unique cocktail menu and don’t leave without checking out the bathrooms–yes, both of them. You’ll see!