Wall Street Suites Job Description
Job Title: Housekeeping Staff
Reports to: Head Housekeeper / Front Desk Manager
The duties of our housekeepers are probably the most important duties that take place on a daily basis. If the housekeeper has not done her job to expectations, we could lose business. Our guests expect their rooms to be cleaned with the utmost accuracy and attention to detail. Cleanliness is our most important endeavor second only to having a great attitude. Being courteous and friendly to our guests and other team members is the other piece to being a Wall Street Suites team member.
There are two types of rooms to clean; one would be a check-out and one would be a service (guests are returning).
- Complete inventory of room contents on form provided. Provide information on any missing items to the manager.
- Gather used towels and bedding
- Dust and polish furniture and fittings
- Clean metal fixtures and fittings
- Clean building floors and walls by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
- Stock room food supplies (coffee, tea, sugar, etc.) as needed.
- Empty and clean trash containers
- Dispose of trash in a sanitary manner
- Clean wash basins, mirrors and showers with appropriate cleaner
- Wash windows as scheduled
- Load, clean and empty dishwasher
- Clean stove, oven and countertops in kitchen
- Empty and wipe down refrigerator
- Clean any dog dishes that were used
- Make adjustments and to heating, cooling and ventilating systems.
- Make sure walkways and common areas are clean and organized
- Sort fold and put away clean laundry
- Operate mechanized cleaning equipment
- Maintain all cleaning equipment and materials in a safe and sanitary working condition
- Monitor and report necessary domestic repairs and replacements
- Clean and empty trash in dog park daily
- Mix water and detergents or solutions in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
- Steam-clean and polish floors as needed
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
- Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs, and ladders to prepare facilities for events such as banquets and meetings. .
- Spray insecticides and fumigants as directed to prevent insect infestation.
- Remove debris from driveways and all public areas inside or out.
- Replace light bulbs
- Wash, dry, sort and fold linens, bedding, towels and store in designated areas.
- Deliver any items requested by guests to rooms.
- Observe precautions required to protect motel and guest property, and report damage, theft, and found articles to supervisors.
- Carry linens, towels, toilet items, and cleaning supplies, using wheeled carts or by hand as needed.
- Make sure privacy tag is not displayed
- Do not enter a room with a dog in it
- Empty trash
- Clean dishes and check dishwasher to unload
- Do not touch/move any personal items
- Make beds if personal items are not on it or if it can be made without touching personal items..
- Wipe down bathroom
- Pick-up any towels that are on the floor/replace with clean ones
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Wall Street Suites will provide a name tag. Employees are to wear a neat, clean pair of black pants, shirt and shoes, provided by the employee.
If interested please call the front desk or stop by.